What is forex??

What is Forex?? Forex is an interbank market that was created in 1971 when international trade transitioned from fixed to floating exchange rates. Since then the rates of currencies relative to each other are determined by the most obvious means which is the exchange at a mutually agreed rate. This market surpasses the others in its volume. For example, the daily turnover of world securities market is estimated at $300 billion, while Forex approaches 1 to 3 TRILLION US dollars in the same amount of time. However, Forex is not a market in a traditional sense. It doesn't have a fixed location of the trading floor as, for example, futures market does. The trading is done over the telephone and at the computer terminals in hundreds of banks around the world simultaneously. Futures and securities markets have one more significant feature distinguishing them from Forex, and at the same time restricting them. The trading is suspended at the end of each day and resumed only next morning. Thus, should certain significant developments occur in the USA, the opening of Russian market next morning could quite surprise you, if you're trading there. Forex is open 24 hours a day, and the currency exchange operations are maintained throught working days of the week. Almost every time zone (London, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney) has dealers willing to quote currencies.

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 1/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 2/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 3/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 4/4

Behind the Scenes Part 1

Koffee with karan behind the scenes Part 2

Koffee with Karan behind the scens Part 3

This Sunday, Karan's first guest was one of the finest actors this generation has seen… the very talented Tabu. Karan's second guest was the internationally celebrated filmmaker and the big name behind Namesake, Mira Nair. Also joining them was the renowned choreographer and the director of a super-hit Bollywood film, Farah Khan.

Tabu who was rather apprehensive to come on Karan's show admitted, "You make us commit a lot of things which I don't want to." She talked about her journey in the film industry since 18 years, some of the regrets in her personal life and also confessed on the show that she has a low self-esteem. In spite of being a part of the internationally acclaimed film Namesake, Tabu shares that it's very clear in her head that she has no Hollywood aspiration. She also spoke about the special relationship she shares with Nagarjuna and the fact that nothing can ever change or alter the relation with him.

Mira, on the other hand talked about her new movie, Namesake, and feels that the success of her film is largely due to her wonderful cast. Mira shares some of the beautiful moments while making the film and what's her take on being put in the same bracket as Gurinder Chadha and Deepa Mehta.

And just when the masala packed rapid fire is about to commence, the controversial rapid-fire queen of last season, Farah Khan makes an entry. According to Tabu, which actor needs to hit the gym? If Mira was mistaken for Deepa Mehta what would she say? Saroj Khan, Ganesh Hegde or Shiamak Davar, who according to Farah is the best choreographer? Mira Nair's next or Farah Khan next, what does Tabu choose?

Excerpts from the interview

Karan: You have been in this industry for how long Tabu?
Tabu: 18 or 19 years.
Karan: Any regrets?
Tabu: Lots ... but it will really take a while if I start discussing it.
Karan: Professionally or personally?
Tabu: Ahh ...personally more I think ... but, actually having said that I wouldn't look at them as regrets ... and more as a learning experience … but, I wish I hadn't met a few people I had met which I would not want to name.
Karan: So, are you seeing anyone Tabu?
Tabu: I am not.
Karan: But are you totally single ... with all these alleged rumors of men who live in the southern party of the country... not true?
Tabu: It's a very big territory ... you have to tell me.
Karan: Oh so you want me to tell Tamil Nadu, Karnataka ... you want me to be that specific?
Tabu: Ya … see I have done films in many languages ... so you need to be specific about the language.
Karan: So, we don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Tabu: So, what were you asking about Nagarjuna?
Karan: I didn't even say Nagarjuna.
Tabu: Because it is the only rumor, which is constant in my life, since I was 16 years old.
Karan: You moved to Hyderabad?
Tabu: Not because of him, because I have made a house for myself there, and because I belong to Hyderabad. I think this Nagarjuna thing is very old. It keeps coming back… that's why I always wonder ... it feels like the media wants to give this impression that whether I have boy friends or not, boy friends come, boy friends go, but Nagarjuna remains, so it's really funny. I don't know what to say but, he is one of the closest people in my life, he is one of the most important relationships I have and my relationship with him is very dear to me and also nothing can ever change or alter my relation with him and that I don't have any label for it. I can't do anything about it.
Karan: You can call it a friendship?
Tabu: I think friendship is the most abused word.
Karan: So, we will just keep it to that.

Karan: You have made such a beautiful film.
Mira: Firstly, Jhumpa, the mother of the film ... the mother of the book and then this extra ordinary cast from Irfan and Tabu ...
Karan: Do you some times feel that, you know... you make these international films... but you are not doing anything for India? Do you ever feel the need to come back and do a full Hindi picture?
Mira: You know, my theory is I don't do anything that any one else does better than me ...laughs... and you do it better than me ... So, I mean I am not here to imitate.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home