What is forex??

What is Forex?? Forex is an interbank market that was created in 1971 when international trade transitioned from fixed to floating exchange rates. Since then the rates of currencies relative to each other are determined by the most obvious means which is the exchange at a mutually agreed rate. This market surpasses the others in its volume. For example, the daily turnover of world securities market is estimated at $300 billion, while Forex approaches 1 to 3 TRILLION US dollars in the same amount of time. However, Forex is not a market in a traditional sense. It doesn't have a fixed location of the trading floor as, for example, futures market does. The trading is done over the telephone and at the computer terminals in hundreds of banks around the world simultaneously. Futures and securities markets have one more significant feature distinguishing them from Forex, and at the same time restricting them. The trading is suspended at the end of each day and resumed only next morning. Thus, should certain significant developments occur in the USA, the opening of Russian market next morning could quite surprise you, if you're trading there. Forex is open 24 hours a day, and the currency exchange operations are maintained throught working days of the week. Almost every time zone (London, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney) has dealers willing to quote currencies.

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 1/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 2/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 3/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 4/4

Behind the Scenes Part 1

Koffee with karan behind the scenes Part 2

Koffee with Karan behind the scens Part 3

She is sexy, she is stunning, the universe has already endorsed that, but apart from that, she is clever… put her on a social, political or a fraternity platform and boy, she can talk and be the belle of the ball. Its none other than the hot and happening Lara Dutta. His second guest is so beautiful that she has a face that can launch almost a thousand cosmetics… she has been in a series of successful films and is here to stay… the ultra glamorous, the ultra gorgeous and the stunning Katrina Kaif.

Karan: Welcome back Lara.
Lara: Thanks Karan… I was hoping you will have me back actually… I was a little worried when I din't get your call…

Karan: Last time, we had such a fun time with you and Bipasha… did I get you into trouble?
Lara: Yes… tremendously… it has taken me a whole year to undo all the problems I caused myself.

Karan: You are looking absolutely stunning… why do I feel you are suddenly raring to go?
Lara: Because I probably am… its taken me about 3 and a half years to find my footing in the industry… to find out what I like doing … the kind of cinema that I like being part of… the kind of people that I like doing work with… I think once you have that in place, you start feeling a little more confident about yourself.

Karan: Well, Katrina you have been very diplomatic… I have been doing some research… looking through your interviews… trying to look for something sensational…
Katrina: Nothing na…

Karan: Nothing… why are you like this…you are young, you are beautiful… you have to say rude and nasty things once in a while… come on say something… think of something rude to say.
Katrina: I think it is probably because I came here at a later stage… most people grew up here… I think there is a certain reservation about going ahead and criticizing people who have grown up here and been here all their life… let, may be 3 or 4 years pass and I will get really over confident and then start…

Karan: Start making headlines… suddenly we will see very dramatic answers?
Katrina: Yaaaa.

Karan: What both of you had strangely in common was… you Lara, though you are a hard core Punjabi… you had this whole western image… everyone thought that Lara Dutta is very westernized, but of course you are a true Indian girl with the Punjabi background… but, that never came to the fore...till very recently.
Lara: But, you know, I tried to get out of the stereotype from the very first film… when I did Andaz… I did it with as hard core a Hindi film Director you can get… Raj Kanwar, and the character that I played as well was very Punjabi… I did that with No Entry, where I played a suspicious Indian housewife… these are the roles that have been appreciated…

Karan: And you have had to combat that as well Katrina… because everyone said Anglocised, westernized… now you dub your own films…
Katrina: Ya… I think initially it was a nice way of putting it… there are certain people… when it comes to modeling… it's easy… people just accept you… but, in films…its a lot more difficult.
Lara: But, I have to say… having worked with Katrina in Partner… she gives you this huge complex… I think she is really hard working… she is really dedicated… she knows this is where she wants to be and she is going to go all out to get it… and I really admire that.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home