What is forex??

What is Forex?? Forex is an interbank market that was created in 1971 when international trade transitioned from fixed to floating exchange rates. Since then the rates of currencies relative to each other are determined by the most obvious means which is the exchange at a mutually agreed rate. This market surpasses the others in its volume. For example, the daily turnover of world securities market is estimated at $300 billion, while Forex approaches 1 to 3 TRILLION US dollars in the same amount of time. However, Forex is not a market in a traditional sense. It doesn't have a fixed location of the trading floor as, for example, futures market does. The trading is done over the telephone and at the computer terminals in hundreds of banks around the world simultaneously. Futures and securities markets have one more significant feature distinguishing them from Forex, and at the same time restricting them. The trading is suspended at the end of each day and resumed only next morning. Thus, should certain significant developments occur in the USA, the opening of Russian market next morning could quite surprise you, if you're trading there. Forex is open 24 hours a day, and the currency exchange operations are maintained throught working days of the week. Almost every time zone (London, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney) has dealers willing to quote currencies.

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 1/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 2/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 3/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 4/4

Behind the Scenes Part 1

Koffee with karan behind the scenes Part 2

Koffee with Karan behind the scens Part 3

She is supremely talented and has possibly the best sense of humor in the entire film fraternity… she has the ability to laugh at her herself and others… Karan's first guest is the adorable Farah Khan. 2.7 billion people in the world know Tom Cruise… 3.2 billion people in the world know Shah Rukh Khan… and of course according to Karan his biggest achievement really is that he has been on his show 4 times… the super star Shah Rukh Khan is his second guest. Also, joining them is the absolutely stunning… the heroine of Om Shanti Om, who is on her way to becoming a super star… the gorgeous Deepika Padukone.

Karan: Welcome back to Koffee with Karan… how does it feel… it is your third appearance?
Farah: Fourth… if you are not counting when I was a judge in the last season.

Karan: Oh right… you judged the finale episode.
Farah: Ya… I have been here almost as much as you.

Karan: A big event that has transformed your life is your wedding…. That happened 2 years ago?
Farah: Ya… 2 years…

Karan: I thought it would change you? You, tell me… has it changed you?
Farah: ahhhhhh… has it?

Karan: I am asking you… has it made you softer, calmer?
Farah: I don't think it has made me calmer for sure… but, yes it has given me a perspective in life… and I do enjoy staying at home a lot more now…

Karan: Yes… you have someone to come home to.
Farah: Ya… I like being around the house… doing homely things… not just being on set so much… but, I still enjoyed making my second movie… a little more than I enjoyed making my first one… when I wasn't married then.

Karan: What I have noticed is that… suddenly the Farah who screams and shouts on the sets… has the funniest things to say on the mike. Suddenly when her phone rings and it says 'hubby'…what does it say, by the way?
Farah: I can't reveal… it's very funny.

Karan: What does it say? Please…
Farah: It says 'Shohar'…
Karan: It says 'Shohar'… Farah you are blushing even while saying that…
Farah: I am very corny … I know…

Karan: It took a while for you to become romantic… but, anyway…
Farah: I tried with you… for many years…

Karan: But, with us you know… there was never any future.
Farah: There wasn't ever any present also… dog.

Karan: But, I still remember the funniest story that ever transpired between us... was in Scotland, when we were shooting for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai… that one night… at 4 in the morning, when you came knocking at my door. Please tell everyone, what happened?
Farah: Ya… I came banging on Karan's door at 3 in the morning… and I was like, Karan, there is a ghost in my room…
Karan: And was trying to make love to me… laughs
Farah: No, the ghost was rolling on top of me.

Karan: What rubbish Farah that doesn't happen… how can a ghost come on top of you?
Farah: Karan, I felt a ghost on top of me and I said, as soon as this ghost goes off, I will rush out of this room… and I came to your room and I stayed there for the next…
Karan: 2-3 nights …
Farah: Yes… and no one rolled on top of me ever…
Karan: laughs…. You mean, you were quite happy with the ghost on top of you…
Farah: I should have gone back to that room…

Karan: What was funny was… not you coming… but, you, at all of 35, was wearing a Mickey Mouse pyjama suit…
Farah: No, they were not Mickey Mouse… they were dolphins…

Karan: Laughs…
Farah: No one was supposed to see me in those pyjamas…

Karan: I completely support this youth fixation…
Farah: Shutup…

Karan: That brings me to, how old are you Farah?
Farah: Much older than you Karan.

Karan: Would you want to reveal your age…
Farah: I am 42.

Karan: You are 42… and a good-looking 42 darling…
Karan: Your film Om Shanti Om is releasing November 9th …
Farah: Yes… November 9th.

Karan: And, you are launching a new girl?
Farah: Yes… and Shah Rukh is almost like a new boy in this film.

Karan: Yes…
Farah: He has got a completely new look in this film… he is young as ever.

Karan: He is totally in shape?
Farah: He is building his muscles… he is going to be the item boy of this new rocking number that we are going to be shooting.

Karan: So, cool you look… new hair… muscles… 6 pack… I heard
SRK: 4
Farah: 4 have come… 2 to go…
SRK: I am still working on the last two…

Karan: What made you make this change?
SRK: My son feels I am fat.

Karan: He thinks you are fat…
SRK: He thinks I am fat… He beat up a girl… because, first she called me an asshole… beep beep… then she said I look very ugly on KBC… sorry Star… he didn't react… he controlled himself… finally when she said, your father is fat… he kicked her… so I got angry with him… and he said, Papa, you know what, it is not her fault…its you… why are you fat?… because she said, ugly, I didn't mind… you looked handsome on KBC… you are not an asshole I know… you are a cool guy… but, you are fat Papa…

Karan: He thinks you are fat…
SRK: Just imagine… what he thinks about you and Farah? Lets not get into that…
Farah: Thanks…
Karan: Laughs….

Farah: Three years ago… he promised me that if he ever strips…
SRK: If I ever strip… it will be for Farah's film…

Karan: Are you stripping for Farah's film?
SRK: I am like clay in my Director's hand…

Karan: Stripping means Full Monty?
Farah: Of course not Full Monty… but like abs and all…

Karan: It's a family film…
Farah: You will see Shah Rukh like never before… you will see him like coming out of water…
SRK: Lets not say… so much … if other two packs don't come then the jeans will keep coming up… otherwise a bandh gala is also there…

Karan: The film Om Shanti Om, the first half is one time zone… the second half is another time zone?
Farah: Seventies and 2007.

Karan: So, did you kind of model yourself in the seventies on any one particular hero?
SRK: Ahhhh… not really, the look and everything was decided by Farah…
Farah: But, I had told him to act like very badly like the seventies heroes…
SRK: For which, she is sort of giving an excuse… that how I acted very badly…
Farah: what rubbish… he has acted really well…

Karan: Ok, that was the brief given… then the second half is where you are playing today's leading man?
Farah: Like a spoilt star…
Karan: You have a reference for that…
Farah: Ya, we did…
SRK: Ab, tu hi bata de…
Farah: Nahi… Laughs…
SRK: Tu hi bata de…

Karan: How was it like working with Farah now… was she calm and composed post her marriage on set?
SRK: She is wonderful… very talented… easily one of the most talented Directors that I have worked with… she is awesome… she is a fantastic Director… she is a brilliant writer… she is very hard working… she is immensely talented… but, as the film progresses… she starts getting hyper…

Farah: But, I am not hyper during shooting…
SRK: She is… sometimes it is unbearable.

Karan: What's the funniest thing she says on that mike… she says the strangest things…
SRK: Funniest… no… unsayable on a family show… even on a sex show…
Farah: That's not true…
SRK: She says gaalis…
Farah: I have not abused at all during this movie…
SRK: If I continue… she will abuse right now…
Farah: This film, I have not abused at all…
SRK: It's become such a second nature… she doesn't even know when she is abusing…
Farah: Sorry, this movie I have not abused…
SRK: She does get tough with people, but she is very lovable…
Farah: Ask, Deepika, if I have ever abused her…
SRK: Ok, Deepika has never felt bad on the sets because of you …
Farah: That was only once…
SRK: When I was there… any other time… just ask her… Deepika was always wonderful and cheerful…
Farah: Just once I shouted at her.

Karan: We are all big Shah Rukh fans… what is the one thing about him that irritates you the most… on set?
Farah: On set… no, once he is on set…
SRK: Laughs… I am just difficult to get on set…
Farah: Ya… he is difficult to come on set…

Karan: Once he is on set… there is no problem…
Farah: Now, we are used to that also… we all know that he is a late sleeper and not an early riser…

Karan: He is not a sleeper at all actually…
Farah: I have stopped planning morning shoots with him… Once he is on set, he is just wonderful… if there is anything… now I have got used to that also… he won't reply to an SMS or not pick up your call when you are really hyper…

Karan: I don't call Shah Rukh because I am really close to his secretary, his wife.
Farah: Me too, I now have his cook's number…

Karan: That is why I befriended Gauri, only because I could have easy access to Shah Rukh, she doesn't know this actually…
Farah: But, you know there is one person, who is taking badla for all of us… and that is Aryan who never picks up his phone…
Karan: Oh really
Farah: Whenever, he picks up, he says, Papa I am busy.
Karan: Aryan doesn't pick up his call… laughs
Farah: Ya… that's divine justice… because he is stalking Aryan all the time… he is stalking his family wherever they are…
SRK: Ya… my son and daughter both of them…
Farah: Daughter at least picks up the phone and talks to you…
SRK: No… she says… "Papa, no papa… don't bother me"

Karan: But, do you really torture your children?
Farah: He stalks them.

Karan: Laughs… you are a father stalker.
Farah: He is a children stalker… because Gauri doesn't pick up his phone… now, the children are not picking up his phone… now, he is calling up the maids.

Karan: That's what has happened….
Farah: So, now he knows what it feels like.

Karan: Are you nervous at all?
Deepika: I am very nervous.

Karan: Was it the same kind of nervousness when you were offered this film… you had to work with Shah Rukh, with Farah… were you completely like all nerves the first day?
Deepika: It was the same kind of nervousness, specially on the first day… although Farah went all out to make me feel comfortable… she introduced me to Shah Rukh well in advance…

Karan: And everyone tells that he is a terrific co-star …
Deepika: He is fantastic to work with…

Karan: It feels special that you are a part of such a monstrous project?
Deepika: Yes and we have almost come to the end of it
SRK: I thought Karan was saying you are part of such a monster (pointing to Farah)
Deepika: No, she was wonderful…

Karan: No, say, I have my liometer… how wonderful was Farah?
Deepika: No… I had heard a lot of things about Farah… that she is
SRK: Vicious.
Farah: I am not vicious.
Karan: Let her talk!!
Deepika: But, she was very nice to me… so unlike what I had heard… and then everybody said that now she is ok… because it is her film… but, in the song she will be worse… but, then, when we did the song, she was even nicer…

Karan: That's because I believe you are fantastic in the song…
Farah: She is a super dancer…

Karan: That's makes half her job easy…
Farah: She is a fabulous dancer.

Karan: But, at times, were there nervous moments… when you were acting with Shah Rukh, some one whom you have seen when you were 8 or 9?
SRK Couple of times… she said, Main tumse pyaar karti hoon uncle.

Karan: Working with Shah Rukh can be intimidating for anybody?
Deepika: He never made me uncomfortable… never … he would sit with me before every scene… and do my lines with me.

Farah: I made her cry once…
Karan: But, why…
Deepika: It was my fault

Karan: You forgot your lines?
Deepika: Ya… I can't lie now.
Farah: That's when I realized, she is only 21… I am so used to Deepika being composed… Deepika taking everything in her stride… Deepika not being nervous… she was partying at Shah Rukh's house and didn't learn her lines the next day…
Deepika: He didn't let me go… blame him for it.
Farah: He always wants to play good cop.
SRK: I wanted you to stay back at the party and learn the lines…
Karan: Ya, right… that's what we do at parties.

Karan: There has also been all kinds of controversies been written about you… that you are dating…
Farah: Ok… we don't have anything to do with this… (Both Farah and SRK turn their backs)

Karan: Are you single or you are dating anyone?
Deepika: I am single.
SRK: I am single.
Farah: I am single.

Karan: I am also single. This whole Ranbir controversy… all made up… all not true…
Deepika: Yes…

Karan: Totally lies… are you friends?
Deepika: Yes…

Karan: So, the status today is, you are Ranbir's friend and you are single?
Deepika: Yes…

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home