What is forex??

What is Forex?? Forex is an interbank market that was created in 1971 when international trade transitioned from fixed to floating exchange rates. Since then the rates of currencies relative to each other are determined by the most obvious means which is the exchange at a mutually agreed rate. This market surpasses the others in its volume. For example, the daily turnover of world securities market is estimated at $300 billion, while Forex approaches 1 to 3 TRILLION US dollars in the same amount of time. However, Forex is not a market in a traditional sense. It doesn't have a fixed location of the trading floor as, for example, futures market does. The trading is done over the telephone and at the computer terminals in hundreds of banks around the world simultaneously. Futures and securities markets have one more significant feature distinguishing them from Forex, and at the same time restricting them. The trading is suspended at the end of each day and resumed only next morning. Thus, should certain significant developments occur in the USA, the opening of Russian market next morning could quite surprise you, if you're trading there. Forex is open 24 hours a day, and the currency exchange operations are maintained throught working days of the week. Almost every time zone (London, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney) has dealers willing to quote currencies.

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 1/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 2/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 3/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 4/4

Behind the Scenes Part 1

Koffee with karan behind the scenes Part 2

Koffee with Karan behind the scens Part 3

She is the most beautiful woman ever… she has the most magnificent smile ever… and is truly the most fantastic actress ever. They don't make them like her anymore… This Sunday, Karan chats up with none other than the gorgeous Madhuri Dixit.

Karan: Welcome to Koffee with Karan Madhuri… Have you seen the show?
Madhuri: Yes, I have seen a few episodes.

Karan: You are back Madhuri… after so many years… how many years has it been?
Madhuri: Hmmm… 6 years…

Karan: And yours is possibly the most talked about comeback… how does it feel?
Madhuri: It feels great… it feels good to be back… it feels great to, you know meet everybody I have worked with… friends and family… it's great being back…

Karan: So, were you at all nervous to face the camera on day one?
Madhuri: Well, day one I was a little hassled….

Karan: After all those years?
Madhuri: Ya, after all those years… ahhhh, I don't know why you feel you have lost touch, you know you are going to be on the set, getting ready, the whole process you know… and I was wondering will I be able to do it… but, once I was there… and I started working… the first day went by, and on the second day I was fine…

Karan: It was all-fine… but, you, when Aditya Chopra came all the way to Denver to offer the film…
Madhuri: Yes

Karan: He told me, you know she was so amazing she looked at me and said, "You want to make this film with me…. You think really people want to watch me"…. And you know both of us had this big laugh… did you really mean it, when you said this…
Madhuri: Yes I did… I really meant it, because 6 years is a lot of time to be away from the screen, to be away from the public eye… today, the whole generation is so fast… there are so many things happening that it makes you feel, are people really going to miss me, you know are they really going to come back and watch me perform…

Karan: So, tell us you have been living in Denver for the last how many years… 6-7 years …
Madhuri: 6 years

Karan: 6 years you were there… when you initially went there… your change in lifestyle how did it all happen for you… the big star in India to now super market shopping in America… how was that change… how did it all feel?
Madhuri: Well, for me, it was pretty normal.

Karan: Really?
Madhuri: Ya… really… ahhhh… you know I have always been a very down-to-earth person… even when I was here I would walk into any shop and buy anything, of course it's a little difficult to do it here, because people start collecting….

Karan: You could not have gone to any kind of shop here Madhuri….
Madhuri: Ya, no, no… don't worry I have been to Santacruz and I have shopped… for me, it's like, I am a pretty normal person… it's like anybody else… I love to do these things… I want be on my own and do stuff… and for me it was good… because I have been watching my sisters… they have lived there… so it wasn't a shock for me… I wanted that kind of a life… I wanted to be normal … I wanted my kids to have a very normal upbringing… so, for me it was great… I love to go shopping there… drive down…

Karan: Completely detached in the 6 years that you have been there… in these six years were you in touch with Indian cinema at all?
Madhuri: It was hard because I was having kids… there was Aryan and then 2 years later I had Ryan … I was really busy… so couldn't really catch up with anything

Karan: What about them… do they understand the implications of being Madhuri Dixit's children?
Madhuri: I think because they are not grown up here…. And I have always been there… they don't understand this whole concept of movie star and you know all that …

Karan: So, when people randomly recognize you …
Madhuri: They are too young to understand right now… 2 and 4 is too young… but now the older one is kind of getting an idea that mom works in movies and then he will see a picture and say, look, look mom that's you

Karan: What about Ram, has he been totally supportive of your decision to come down
Madhuri: Absolutely… I mean this decision was taken… like we both kind of sat down and made a conscious decision whether I should be doing this or not and he has always supported me… if you don't want to work… you want sit at home and look after the kids I am happy with that… but, if you feel you want to do something then I am with you all the way… whatever the decision will be …

Karan: How does it feel … you know you are back after such a long time… do you feel things have changed in the industry … the work ethic… things like that?
Madhuri: Yes… simple things.

Karan: Like what?
Madhuri: Like… you know you have a whole bound script and that's not a very simple …

Karan: And that didn't happen during your time?
Madhuri: Oh No, it didn't … sometimes we used to go on the sets, we didn't even know what we were going to say in the scene… we used to get the dialogues right then…

Karan: Last minute?
Madhuri: Ya… last minute… learn them and just say them and the whole economics was different at that time of film making… and I think because of the corporate kind of culture that has come in now, its great, because everything is so organized now

Karan: Everything is streamlined…
Madhuri: Everything is disciplined … you know it is worked out before hand… what the scene is going to be and what you are going to wear… what you're look is going to be … everything is set for you … it is so easy for the actors

Karan: What else has happened is, this whole emergence of the paparazzi and the media… do you think…
Madhuri: That has shocked me

Karan: Like what?
Madhuri: I was invited for this opening and I saw this barrage of cameramen and the press was like falling all over each other… and I was like what is happening …

Karan: And that wasn't the case earlier?
Madhuri: No, it wasn't... I mean there were a few photographers… same familiar faces who used to be there everywhere to cover… but now it's like you know new people, new faces and I went to this Siddhivinayak temple …

Karan: Oh ya… they have the tendency to follow people at that particular temple
Madhuri: Ya, you know… I came out and it was like… oh my God, and I thought my kids are going to be scared and I was holding on to them… but you should have seen my little one…

Karan: What did he do?
Madhuri: He was fluttering his eyes and smiling and my other kid was also enjoying all that attention…

Karan: But darling, he is an actresses' son, he has got it in his genes
Madhuri: That's what my husband says… "bachche kiske hai"

Karan: But tell me, initially when you met Ram, I mean, was it an arrangement made by the family?
Madhuri: Ya, it was a secret arrangement made by my brother… I didn't know, because they were always on a look out … we need to get you married and you should get married and stuff like that … but, this time he did it very cleverly, he had this party in the house and he called all his friends, so that's where I met Ram …

Karan: Oh, so you didn't know you were being set up?
Madhuri: No… I was always suspicious of them…

Karan: Something is happening
Madhuri: Ya… something is cooking… but that always used to be the case… but this time I had really no clue

Karan: Did you feel anything when you met him?
Madhuri: Well, when I met him, I found him very interesting, it was like, I would like to meet him again

Karan: Really?
Madhui: Ya…

Karan: Was it at all exciting for you, that he was not from your world and that he didn't know much about you?
Madhuri: It was… because, he didn't have any pre-conceived notions … he had not seen any of my films… so there was no image in his mind…

Karan: He had heard about you?
Madhuri: He had heard that I am an actress… but it is like for me, meeting an actress from China… I wouldn't know how big or what she is out there…

Karan: Your body of work
Madhuri: Ya… and her body of work… it was like that… it was just like any other profession… I am an actor… and he has been in LA all his life… he has grown up there … he has seen a lot of stars come in and out… so for him it was not anything fascinating that he is meeting an actress… that was really nice…

Karan: Was it always a fear that you are such a big name and that somebody who would eventually land up with you in life would be in awe of you and not in love with you
Madhuri: Yes, that was always my fear

Karan: What you see now, when you are surfing channels, when you see these girls, like what do you see, vis-à-vis the kind if work that you did?
Madhuri: Well, technically the films are so much better… you know there is more emphasis on fashion … wearing the right kind of stuff for the right thing … the songs are also so elaborately shot … there is a lot of improvement and whatever I see… the girls… I mean, I asked someone, "who is this girl, is she new or she has done a few films"… so they said, " No, this is her first film", and I was like my God this is her first film… today, all the girls who have come, you can't tell from their first film to their fourth, they are so good from the first film onwards…

Karan: Actresses like Rani and all are huge fans of yours…
Madhuri: Ya, she has told me that.

Karan: Have you seen her work?
Madhuri: Yes, I have, and I think she is a very good actress… I have always liked her… and I envy her in a way … because my dad is a big fan of hers …

Karan: Really?
Madhuri: Ya, really

Karan: You must see her in Black… she is fantastic.
Madhuri: Ya, I should

Karan: What about your male co-stars, have you met them all, after you are back?
Madhuri: No, not all of them, because everybody is busy… but, I have met Shah Rukh and I think he is only co-star I have met.

Karan: So, Aaja Nachle is the film that you are working on, and is slated for release in November, where you are working with Kunal Kapoor, Konkona, Akshaye Khanna and a whole lot of youngsters… how was the experience… it was lots of fun?
Madhuri: It was lots of fun, it was great, also, because it is fun working with all these actors… there were times you know, when I literally didn't have to act, I just had to react to whatever they are doing... they are such good actors…

Karan: Do you feel the acting style is more natural, like you have Konkona, who is a very natural actress…
Madhuri: Yes, Konkona is a very natural actress and so is Kunal … and I think the dialogues are very natural, the situations, they are not like larger than life…

Karan: More real
Madhuri: Ya, more real…

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home