What is forex??

What is Forex?? Forex is an interbank market that was created in 1971 when international trade transitioned from fixed to floating exchange rates. Since then the rates of currencies relative to each other are determined by the most obvious means which is the exchange at a mutually agreed rate. This market surpasses the others in its volume. For example, the daily turnover of world securities market is estimated at $300 billion, while Forex approaches 1 to 3 TRILLION US dollars in the same amount of time. However, Forex is not a market in a traditional sense. It doesn't have a fixed location of the trading floor as, for example, futures market does. The trading is done over the telephone and at the computer terminals in hundreds of banks around the world simultaneously. Futures and securities markets have one more significant feature distinguishing them from Forex, and at the same time restricting them. The trading is suspended at the end of each day and resumed only next morning. Thus, should certain significant developments occur in the USA, the opening of Russian market next morning could quite surprise you, if you're trading there. Forex is open 24 hours a day, and the currency exchange operations are maintained throught working days of the week. Almost every time zone (London, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney) has dealers willing to quote currencies.

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 1/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 2/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 3/4

Koffee Awards 2007 16th September 4/4

Behind the Scenes Part 1

Koffee with karan behind the scenes Part 2

Koffee with Karan behind the scens Part 3

The Kapoor family is the most influential film dynasty in Indian cinema! Five generations of the family have either acted in, produced or directed films and have had a major impact on Indian films. Undoubtedly, the Kapoor khandaan is the first family of filmdom. Karan's guest this week are the children of the Royal Raj- Randhir, Rishi, Rajiv and Reema accompanied by the gorgeous Neetu Singh.

In this hilarious episode, the brothers talk about the origin of their nicknames- 'Dabboo, Chintu and Chimpu'- something they say, very few people know about! Randhir and Rishi talk about how they have always bullied Rajiv all their life and they continue to rib him all through the show, much to Karan's amusement. The brother's laugh about the fact that they failed in school and that the whole family was terrible in academics!

But what really brings the house down is the rapid fire round! In their typical trademark style, the Kapoor brothers have everyone rolling on the floor with their witty answers to Karan's clever questions! What nickname does Randhir think would be ideal for Shahid Kapur? If Neetu wrote a tell-all book, what would Rishi be most worried about? What would Rajiv do, if he was the coach of the Indian cricket team?

Karan: How does it feel… you have your son making his debut this year?
Rishi: Hah! I get the heebie jeebies! Of course any parent would. Well… he has a lot of baggage on him and he has to prove himself. I just hope he's good!

Karan: He's from such an illustrious family… he's your son!
Rishi: Well, that's not enough!

Karan: That's lot of weight on him actually! Too many expectations!
Rishi: Yes there is! He's in capable hands!

Karan: Have you seen any of his rushes?
Rishi: No I haven't! My wife has but I haven't!

Karan: Are you scared to see it?
Rishi: I don't want to see it yet. I want to see it right in the end. I want to see it in one flow- the whole film.

Karan: You think you'll be a total bundle of nerves, one day before the film releases or when you see the film for the first time?
Rishi: Aisa hai ki I don't know if I was in my time. Probably in my time we didn't really have much to lose but now it does make a difference because its not only a son, it's a tradition. You know the Kapoors have been in the game for the last 75 years. My grandfather, my father, my uncles, my brothers, my bhabhi, my aunties, my nieces - you know all kinds of different shakayein in the family tree, so it does really tell upon you when your son is making a debut and hope he can be worthy of his family.

Karan: Chintu… Dabboo… What is the origin of these names?
Rishi: He named me!
Randhir: We were very young and he was just born and he was very small, very tiny. At that time in school, we had a riddle going on, "Chote se chintu miyaan, lambi si pooch- jaha jaaye chintu miyaan, waha jaye pooch." So I named him Chintu and everybody started calling him Chintu.
Rishi: It only happens in India. We keep absurd nicknames I don't know why…
Randhir: It's really very very foolish. I'm very sorry I gave my children nicknames- Lolo and Bebo.
Karan: Yeah! How did that happen?
Rishi: But those are cute! They're sweet sounding… Imagine being called Chintu and he Dabboo!
Karan: How did Dabboo happen?
Randhir: Very few people know about that When I was born, I'm told I was very fair and they were trying to get a name for me and we had a puppy in the house… a white colored puppy, so my grand father said, "Lets call him Dabboo!" I was named after a puppy!
Rishi: One is named after a puppy and one is named after somebody's pooch!
Randhir: Indians are crazy and so am I! I take the blame. That's why, he corrected himself. His children have no nicknames. I made the mistake. Im sorry!
Rishi: I'll cut the story short. It happened with a co-star. Shot ready tha to unhone kahan ki aap un saahab ko bula lee jiye aur Chintu ko bhi bula do. So I asked… Mein unse senior hoon, usse age mein bhi bada hoon… theek hain Star to dono barabar hain par usko saahab bulaya aur mujhe Chintu bulaya. So he said, Kya kahoon Chintu doesn't command any respect. So I was like mein zindagi mein kabhi kisi bacche ka pet-name nahi rakhoonga.

Karan: Because Lolo and Bebo are also very unusual sounding names. They're both sounds rather than names.
Randhir: I just liked the sounds. I don't know! I'm glad they haven't fought with me because of their names.
Karan: Everyone knows them as Lolo and Bebo.

Karan: What I see is a tremendous bond between each member of your family. How was your equation? You were the older brother (to Randhir) and then it was you (to Rishi) after that!
Randhir: We are all friends first! I am also friends with my uncles. My dad started this. My dad used to be my best friend. I used to drink with him and that was cool with him and he told me to do it in limits.
And have you listened to that?
Randhir: Sometimes!
Rishi: You know… we're like elephants. We all huddle together. You know… one after the other. So even my uncles… they're very moderate. They're very cool about the whole thing… the whole family.
Randhir: Shammi uncle, Shashi uncle… They're our great buddies. We're one big fat family! We're from the healthier side of the world. Hum log zara hare bhare hain! Shining India! We represent Shining India jahan sab log khate aur peetein hain!

Karan: But I've heard some horrible things about what you did to poor Chimpu. That you all bullied him and beat him up during the school ride days!
Randhir: Oh that's a brotherly form of affection. Everyone thinks we brothers are fighting but we're not fighting…. We are just joking with each other. Hum logon ka zara volume ooncha hain… we speak in a high tone.
Rishi: And his name Chimpu's come from where? From the word "Champion"
Karan: Who gave him that name?
Randhir: Our father used to call him "Champion"
Rishi: Because he was born very late.
Karan: That's why Champion?
Rishi: Yes! So from Champion, it became Chimpu.
Karan: So this is how the nicknames are coined!

Karan: What was your bonding with Chimpu like because he came into the family very late after Ritu Aunty and Reema. Was it unusual for you to have a very young sibling?
Randhir: I treat him like my son
Rishi: Its like my father and my youngest Chacha Shashi Kapoor… the age difference was such…. Dabboo and Chimpu's age difference is also such!
Karan: What is the age difference?
Randhir: 15 years!
Karan: 15 years! Then you must have really treated him protectively!
Randhir: I have 3 children! Chimpu's my son and Lolo and Bebo!

Karan: (Addressed to Chimpu) We were talking about how you used to get bullied by these two stalwarts.
Rajiv: I still get bullied! Well, being the youngest, having an age gap of 15 years there and 10 years here, whatever you do… whatever you say is always looked down on and never taken seriously until and unless you put your foot down and make a serious point, a serious view of it then a second thought is given to it. So one has to bear the brunt… one can't help it!

Karan: Which one is worse out of these two?
Rishi: Soch samajh ke bolna!
Rajiv: Rishi! Randhir's still nice… he doesn't say much. Neither does Rishi actually, but he is a little too serious.
Karan: What about your two sisters?
Rajiv: Reema was the one who was with us in the car going to school. Ritu had passed out.
Rishi: By the time you were getting into the car for school, Dabboo and Reema had passed out.
Rajiv: Rishi was also there for a little while. Because he also passed out!
Rishi: I didn't pass out! I failed out!
Karan: You failed?
Rishi: Nods.
Randhir: We all failed! Our father also failed.
Rajiv: Something's less spoken, the better it is!
Rishi: Hum sab gyarah fail hain!
Karan: No one went to any college after that?
Randhir: Only the girls went!
Karan: Ritu and Reema?
Rishi: And Ranbir! He's gone to college!
Randhir: He's spoiling our name! Hope he makes a big name for his grandfather by his films.
Karan: Who was the best student out of you'll?
All three of them: Me!
Karan: I don't know whom to believe!
Rishi: Do I look like a guy who would ever lie to you?
Rajiv: Doesn't my face speak the truth?
Karan: Dabboo uncle looks most convincing!
Randhir: I was the best! I am the best!
Rishi: Chalo bade hone ki haisiyat de bol dete hain that he was the best!

Karan: Who do you'll think is the best director out of the three of you'll?
Rishi and Randhir: Chimpu!
Rajiv: Thank you!
Randhir: He's really very talented. His Prem Granth was a damn good film.
Karan: Yeah it was! And you both believe that? What about Raj Kapoor? Did he believe that as well?
Randhir: I am sorry, he was not here to see his film but he would have been very proud of Prem Granth.

Karan: What's it like being with these three men?
Neetu: They're all my favorite. Rajiv's my best buddy, I love spending time with Randhir, and this is my husband so I feel at home.

Karan: Has it been wonderful? Were you accepted easily by all the members of the family?
Neetu: I was! But I was very nervous when I entered their household because they were so loud. They talk so much. It was like watching a tennis match. I'd keep turning from left-to-right, right -to- left, but they were very carefree. I was 22 when I got married. They all used to talk together at the same time.

Karan: You have a special relation with each and every one of them!
Neetu: Everyone. Especially Chimpu and Reema are my best friends… and Dabboo of course… I've worked with him in so many films.
Randhir: She's my favorite heroine.
Rishi: Her first leading role as a heroine was with Dabboo.
Neetu: Yeah! Rickshawalla.

Karan: But of course your more special bond has been with your husband. It's been 27 years now.
Rishi: We were in 11 films together.

Karan: And how has it been?
Neetu: It's been a great journey. Children… my daughters married… Ranbir is getting launched.

Karan: Are you excited?
Neetu: I am more nervous than excited. Just waiting… I've seen some rushes… but it's for the people to judge.
Rishi: It's very difficult to judge your own kid.
Randhir: He'll be good! I'm very sure!
Rishi: But we as a family are talking about it. Let the audience talk about it!

Karan: Is there any particular moment you can think back to about just spending time with family. Anything that has moved you. Just left an indelible mark?
Neetu: I think we're all very bonded Karan! We meet for lunches and for dinners and we don't need outsiders because we're self-sufficient and so happy with each other.
Randhir: At breakfast, we discuss lunch… at lunch we discuss what we're having for dinner. That's a typical Kapoor trait.
Neetu: We talk about food… and with so much of passion.

Karan: How come you don't look anything like them Neetuji?
Rishi: I deprive her! I don't give her anything to eat!
Neetu: And he says you sleep on a bed of nails. I enjoy doing this.
Rishi: She's very disciplined.
Neetu: And that's why my kids are disciplined and he's also disciplined.
Randhir: Ya sure!
Neetu: Atleast now he takes care of what he's eating.
Rishi: This is all puppy fat yaar!

Karan: You won't have it any other way? This is a special family to be a part of.
Neetu: Absolutely! Each and every one of them and the head is the Mother-in-law. She is wonderful and all the humor comes from her.

Karan: Really? That's something everybody doesn't know…
Neetu: She's the funniest. With a straight face she can just make you crazy.

Karan: I'm so much younger than you'll but just want to say "God bless you all"

Karan: What do you have to say about Reema?
Randhir: She's my sweetheart… our…sweetheart!
Rishi: We have two sisters. One is in Delhi and not here with us today, and this one is the younger one, and this is the one who's been constantly fighting with me all through, but she's lovely, genuine and warm and I hope she's not hearing this

Karan: Are you happy to be on the show?
Reema: Yes, I'm very happy to be on the show. I'm very nervous and want to tell you that once I'd told you…. "Karan mujhe bhi picture mein lena. And you told me sure Reema sure! Shah Rukh ki jo maa hai picture mein unka dehaant ho gaya hai. Unke upar gale mein mala hogi, unki photo lagegi. That is you!" But I made it!
(Claps)
Randhir: Now do you believe she's part of the Kapoor circus…. Thank God Manoj Jain has taken her away from us.

Karan: I bet, none of your brothers cried during your bidaai?
Reema: None! Except for Anil.
Rishi: We thanked Manoj yaar!
Randhir: Take her away please.
Reema: They are very mean to me.

Karan: But why was Anil Kapoor crying at your bidaai?
Reema: He had shooting the next day and he was always preparing. I didn't find anyone crying and I was like "CRY! Manoj will send me home and they said… Open the champagne" and that's what these three did! One thing… I've been hearing that they're drinking a lot and I heard you'll talk about it but one thing about them…the family traditions and values. My father had passed away and my 3 brothers were like pillars of strength for the entire wedding. They stayed there, they all behaved themselves, they didn't drink and they conducted it beautifully, like my father would have them to do and I thank you all for that.
Randhir: We didn't want any mishap, so Manoj doesn't take you away….
Reema: You know its sad… all of us bully each other. My sister Ritu who's in Delhi.. she's the angel. If you tell her also Chimpu or Chintu or Dabboo did this, she'll say, "no, no no no, let it be, go on!" she's a calming person. She's like the anchor… like my mother. She'll calm you down, hold you down, inspire you, she's one of the reasons I've come here…. I didn't want to come…(laughs)
Neetu: You know she's an amazing actor. You know when she danced in Riddima's sangeet.
Karan: She danced on Kajra Re?
Neetu: Sanjay Leela Bhansali said that if she was younger, I would have launched her.
Reema: When we were younger, Neetu and me have acted in Chimpu's home videos. We had done Silsila. Anil Kapoor, he was not an actor that time, Neetu and myself and Chimpu was the director and he said you'll be Rekha, she was Jayaji and Anil was Bachchanji. I just played the piano… Neetu was so good…. Anil was so good and I just played the piano.

Karan: They all bully you but it's very evident that they love you.
Reema: I love them too…. And they really are my pillars of strength. Is duniya mein what all is happening, sabke jhagde hote hain, hum log ne kuch to kaayam rakha is zindagi mein. God is kind, Papa is there, my mother's upbringing, we have had some good emotional values which we'd like to carry till we're gone. We want their blessings.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home